Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Anxiety is Over

I figured it would be a good idea to get back to blogging since I have some free time again, now that the exam is over.

Ah, the relief of saying that: it's over! I finally took the Probability exam. This was my third attempt at passing it. I'll have to wait for eight weeks before I get my results back, but I have to say, I feel like this was the most comprehendable exam of the three. 

I felt I was as prepared as I possibly could be for it. After all, I have spent almost every night of the past year studying for it for several hours at a time. If I pass, I'll finally be able to start working on the next exam (financial mathematics) as well as start looking for open entry-level positions as an actuary. If not, I don't know if I can take studying this material again for another few months, knowing that I still can't begin a career yet as an actuary. I may have to look for another avenue.

Despite that though, I really have enjoyed studying; the subject matter of risk analysis and probability is still very fascinating. If it's of any interest as well for anyone reading this, I highly recommend the book, "Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk." It's an amazing book that explains the development of the concept of risk - how it began, up to how it effects us in our world today. Very interesting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment