Thursday, August 31, 2017

Happy Labor Day

Yesterday was Labor Day - so glad to have the day off from work! 3-day weekends are always welcome, as they don't seem to come often enough.

The weather has been cooling off, but yesterday was one more randomly hot day as it hit 93 instead of the upper 70's that is has been lately. It made for an enjoyable day at the park for the ward picnic (until everyone was simply through with the sun) and for the kids to come home to sprinklers and popcicles. 

For the first time now too, I'm trying to batch out some cutting blocks to sell; I'm making more of the same type I made for Rachel. All that walnut was quite expensive, but with the price point I should be able to make something off of it. Rachel and I are wanting to finally get my feet wet to see how feasible it would be to invest some time and resources into a woodworking side gig. Who knows? We'll find out hopefully writhing the next couple of weeks.



Walter is finally cutting tooth number 5 and 6! He seems to be a late bloomer when it comes to teeth. He was also late crawling, but fast walking, so maybe his teeth will all come in at once!


No comments:

Post a Comment